Sofia's Daycare & Play School in Brooklyn, NY has an open door policy. We encourage parents to make brief drop in visits. However, we request that courtesy be exhibited.
We ask that these visits not be made between the hours of 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, as this is lunch and nap times. We ask that your presence does not disturb the harmony of the daycare environment as we have to give the children our undivided attention.
Parents are Responsible for Providing the Following Items for
- An Extra Set of Clothing
- Baby Wipes (Preferably Boxed Type)
- Diaper Rash Ointment and/or Powder
- Diapers (a Minimum of One Diaper for Every Two Hours the Child is at Daycare)
Health Policies and Procedures:
- Children with Elevated Temperature over 100.5 are not Allowed in the Daycare
- If a Child is Diagnosed with Chicken Pox, Coxsackie, Ear Infection, Flu, Conjunctivitis (Pinkeye) etc., Caregivers must be Informed of such Cases and a Note from a Doctor must be Submitted in order to Return to the Daycare
- If a Child is Found Ill in any way a Parent will be Notified and the Child will need to be Picked Up
- It is Suggested that a Child Who is Ill (Fever, Infection, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Communicable Disease or any type of Illness that may be Passed to Others) should be Kept at Home to Protect the Well-Being of Children in the Daycare
- Please Inform the Daycare Prior to 9:00 AM if a Child will not be Attending Daycare due to Illness.
- We do not Administer Medications
- We do not Allow Children to Return to Daycare until They have been Symptom-Free for at least 24 Hours
Meals And Snacks:
- Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks are Scheduled Daily and are Provided by the Caregivers
- Children are Encouraged to Eat All Variety of Foods
- If you want to Celebrate Your Child's Birthday with the Other Children in the Group, Please discuss Your Plans with Provider for the Particular Day
- Infants are Fed according to the Parental Instruction and Individual Schedule
- Parents Must Notify Caregivers if any Special Dietary Needs Your Child might have
- Please Label All Bottles and Food Containers with Your Child’s Name
- Please Provide enough Food and Formula for Your Child
- We Offer Solid Organic USDA Approved Meals for Children
Your Child's Toys:
- A Special Blanket or Stuffed Animal may be brought for Nap Times
- A Vast Array of Toys are Provided for Your Child
Give Us a Call
Call us to find out more about our policies and enrollment process.